Welcome back! The Career and Internship Center has few items to add to your schedule this semester. If you plan to find a full-time job or a career-related internship this summer, you cannot afford to put this off--start today!
Here's a "To Do" list for the next month:
1. Attend a "Getting Started" seminar next week:
- Junior/Senior Job & Internship Search Q & A Tuesday, January 22 at 2 or 5 p.m.
- Freshman/Sophomore Internship Search Q &A- Wednesday, January 23 at 5 p.m.
2. Stop in to our library
- Get an overview of our online & printed resources including "What can I do with a major in...?" where you can start to focus your search on specific fields and jobs.
- Our library counselor and peer career counselors can also provide advice on creating targeted resumes and cover letters.
3. Visit our website www.rochester.edu/careercenter.
- Take advantage of our online resources including job and internship postings, resume samples, and our "10 Steps to Success" outlines.
4. Make an appointment with one of our career counselors
- Counselors will help you focus your search on the "3 F's" job fields & functions and specific firms you might be interested in working for, develop a "hit list" of employers and use your personal network.
- If you are not already working with a counselor consult this list to find one in your area of interest.