Friday, May 31, 2013

Maia Ashman, Biology, Continuing Her Education at the School of Nursing

Maia received her bachelor's degree in Biology this month.


I have just been accepted into the University of Rochester School of Nursing's Accelerated Bachelor's Program for Non-Nurses. 


At the end of the 12-month program, I will have a BS in Nursing and will take the N-CLEX exam in order to become a Registered Nurse. I hope to further pursue a career as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the New York City area. 
 
Having worked as a Student Assistant at the Career Center for two years, I developed meaningful relationships with the counselors and felt comfortable relying on them for help with finding internships, writing recommendations, and even dressing appropriately for interviews. My time at the Career Center afforded me irreplaceable information and support from the staff.


Read more 2013 Senior Success stories here.

No comments:

Post a Comment