Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Zach Cicero, '14, Business, Finds Alumni-Connected Opportunity at First American Equipment Finance

Zach Cicero, '14, Business, is interning at First American Equipment Finance this summer.

First American offers equipment financing to companies, hospitals, schools, and more. I am a sales intern in the enterprise business division. Our department's focus is leasing IT equipment to companies around the nation. We do lease out other equipment as well, often to manufacturing firms. 

One of my main projects has been updating the Salesforce UCC's, which basically lists our potential customers financing/leasing activities in the past years. This is so our sales reps are able to see which companies do finance equipment and also helps them get a feel of the interests of CFO's and treasurers of multiple prospects. I have also done research on many companies financial statements to see if they are credible to do financing. Looking at companies profitability, Net Income, and leverage and updating them into our SalesForce system helps our sales reps get leads.

The internship search process was very stressful and seemed like it took forever. I applied to at least 30 internships from the end of fall all throughout the winter and spring. 
I had a few interviews with companies such as M&T Bank and Excellus Blue Cross but I did not get either. I think it was the end of April I saw a posting on the UR CareerLink website from First American Equipment Finance. I saw that it was not only located in the Rochester area, it was also alumni-sponsored so I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity. 
I ended up getting the offer after an on-campus interview and a few more interviews in the office. First American has been great so far and I am so thankful for this opportunity. My advice would to be proactive with companies and reach out as much as possible. Also, to not give up in the search process. I wanted to give up after getting so many denials but I stuck with it and ended up getting a great internship. Big shout-out to Dale Leyburn, he was so hopeful in helping with my resume, interview tips, and reminding me to not giving up throughout the process

No comments:

Post a Comment