Friday, July 19, 2013

Yick Chong Lam, Chemistry, pursuing PhD in Chemistry at Yale University

Yick Chong Lam graduated in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry. He has accepted an admissions offer from Yale University to pursue a PhD Degree in Chemistry. During the summer, he will be a research assistant at the Yale University Energy Sciences Institute.

"During freshman honors organic chemistry, I became interested in designing molecules with therapeutic properties," he says.

"I pursued this interest through independent research and summer research experiences in the laboratory of Dr. Rudi Fasan in the Chemistry Department at the University of Rochester. My experiences have helped me to decide to continue my studies towards a career in research.

"My one piece of advice: Always pursue your interests and keep learning in any and every environment. Do not hesitate to ask professors for research opportunities or even to ask questions during class," he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment