Saturday, July 12, 2014

Spotlight on Summer Interns 2014: Brynn Wilkins, '15, Dixon Schwabl

Brynn Wilkins, Media Production, is learning about audio-visual production this summer in the production department at Dixon Schwabl 

Dixon Schwabl is a full-service advertising, public relations and digital media agency in Rochester. Known for its work culture, Inc., Magazine named the firm one of the "Top 20 Small Company Workplaces" in 2010. 


"My work day really depends on what is going on that day. Sometimes I'm at the computer editing footage from previous shoots, sometimes I'm in the studio recording footage, and sometimes I'm traveling around Rochester and upstate New York for shoots! I've gotten to shadow and assist with so many shoots, and I've been able to edit so many videos that the agency will actually be using, which is awesome experience! It feels so good to have a company see the potential in you and trust you to create footage and videos for them as an intern!

I feel very fortunate to have found a major (Media Production) that I am so passionate about. This passion drives me to challenge myself and search for more and more opportunities that will help me achieve my challenges and goals. I've learned that it's important to always keep an open mind, and never let your drive and motivation run out of fuel. Even with my drive, however, I could not have gotten this internship without (Greene Center Associate Director) Amber Graham. She met with me the day before my interview and really helped me nail down answers to possible questions, do research on the company, and just really helped with my overall preparedness. I am thankful that she is so knowledgable and willing to help!

I have learned so many things while at my internship. Apart from the immense amount of technical knowledge that I'm gaining (editing software, different types of lights/mics and their setups, camera work, etc.), Dixon Schwabl has taught me what it feels like to really love what you do. Everyone who works there is so motivated and happy to be at work, and they really want to do the best job they possibly can for each and every one of their clients. I feel so lucky to be able to work in such an inspirational environment, and I don't want my internship to end!"



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, we are looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    Internships For College Graduates

    ReplyDelete