Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spotlight on Summer Interns: Gabryella Pulsinelli



Gabryella Pulsinelli will be interning at the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. 

"One of the most importants things I had to do in order to obtain an internship with NJDEP was to really target my resume and cover letter. Unlike applying to a job on campus, this required more detailed approach. I went through a few drafts of my letter before I sent it in. The interview was probably the most important part because I really got to showcase my interest. 

At my internship, I am going to be doing GIS and data analysis for statewide water quality assessment and revision and creation of educational material for the Water Programs. One of my favorite things that I am going to be able to do is combine my two majors: Studio Art and Environmental Studies. The creating of materials will including illustrating a education booklet for children.  In the original posting there was no mention of this and I was offered the position because I mentioned my studio arts background and my interests."

Interested in sharing YOUR success story? If you've gained a job or internship, please let us know here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment