Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Spotlight on Summer Interns: Octavia Rhim


I am a summer 2015 Human Resources Generalist intern at Warner Music Group in New York City. I'm working under two supervisors, assisting with recruitment, employee relations, and office administration. The culture of Warner Music Group is everything that I thought it would be. The office has a cool vibe and the people are really friendly and open. I look forward to networking with other interns in the company and learning more about the functions of Human Resources within a media & entertainment company.

Being a Human Resources professional requires you to be culturally-sensitive and aware and have strong skills in interpersonal communication, leadership, organization, and more. As a Linguistics major with minors in Dance & Organizational Psychology, I've gained knowledge of human behavior in the workplace and in society, language & communication, and culture & diversity. I am looking forward to continuing my interdisciplinary studies through my Take 5 Program in African-American Music & Communication in Fall 2015.

The UR Career Center has helped me tremendously this past year. Several of the Career Counselors have assisted me in constantly editing and revising my resume and cover letter; finding internship opportunities, applying, and drafting follow-up & thank-you emails; and navigating Career Link and the useful online resources. The Career Center has also granted me a Reach Funding award, which will provide me with financial support during my unpaid internship with Warner Music Group. Thank you to all the Career Center Counselors!

Interested in sharing your summer internship story? Let us know HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment