Click here to apply or search "Peer Career Advisor" in Handshake to locate the job posting.
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) are trained and supervised student employees who provide career development assistance on a peer-to-peer level through the University of Rochester's Gwen M. Greene Career and Internship Center. They hold essential roles in the office and serve as liaisons between students and staff. Primary PCA responsibilities include:
- Staffing drop-in hours advising students via resume and cover letter critiques, assisting students with our new Handshake system and other resources and supporting peers with the internship/research/job search process
- Serving as Student Ambassadors representing the Career Center at events and programs such as Career Fairs, Employer Info Sessions, Alumni Networking Nights. PCAs are first impression managers who may periodically work our front desk and present to student groups and organizations through programming initiatives.
- Assist fellow UR students and become part of the Career and Internship Center team!
- Strengthen resume and cover letter writing, networking and interview talents and learn to market your degree
- Have opportunities to network with career professionals and on-campus recruiters
- Enhance valuable communication, active listening, presentation and leadership abilities
- Gain in-depth career related knowledge and skills to enhance your own chances of securing internships and jobs!
- Under new leadership, YOUR Career Center is undergoing an exciting transformation. Apply to be a Peer Career Advisor and be a part of that change for your University and your Career Center!
Read about some of our current PCA's here!